Principles are like foundational statements that serve as a secure perimeter wall in life that we want to live within. They serve us in decision-making, in understanding the right choice and determining what is the right or wrong thing to do in a moment.
There are many good examples of principles to be found across the online space. Here are just a sample:
- Thought before action;
- Give with the heart and expect nothing in return;
- Let go of what is not needed;
- Focus energy on the ‘controllables’;
- Listen truly to what they have to say;
- Rest is key;
- Invest in self, invest in others;
- Communication is the core of relationships;
- Live free of judgement; and
- Be true to oneself.